My Help Comes from God
When I checked the flip calendar for today's date this morning, this is what I read:

"Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 NASB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then, when I checked Amy Carmichael's Edges of His Ways, the reading was as follows:

"More than half the troubles that come to us com because of words. There is a question that has often helped me: "Wherefore hearest thou men's words?" (1 Sam. 24:9).

"I suggest that next time you are afflicted by words you should let that quiet question do its work in your heart. No one yet did anything worth doing without finding, sooner or later, that words buzzed about him (or her) in a most distressing way. May the Lord help us to go on lovingly, peacefully, steadfastly. "My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise." (Psa. 37:7) One look up into the face of our Lord and the thought of any hurting word melts like a little cloud in the blue of the sky above us. And if it be so now, what will it be when we see Him, whom we have not yet seen, face to face?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These words, including the Scriptures, were very helpful to me today. Thank you, Father.


2 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

The timing of the Lord is amazing, isn't it?

Blessings, Connie

Blogger Rebecca Huffman said...

I had read that devotional too from the Amy Carmichael book you gave me. Thanks so much; it will add a rich dimension to my reading for a long time.
In Him alone,
Rebecca H.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits