The Heritage of Faithfulness
I'm considering keeping this blog, and using it as I continue the faith journey . . . still A Journal of my Journey. Hence, the following post:

Both of my parents have passed away, and, at my age, I have thoughts of my years also "being numbered". What am I leaving for my grandchildren and children to hold on to after I'm gone? It won't be great wealth, but I hope my life attests to the grace and faithfulness of Jesus, my heavenly Father, and the Holy Spirit's direction and help, as I live my life.

I came across a hymn recently titled "Find us Faithful", and am sending below verses 2 and 4. This expresses my prayer that I may be found faithful!

2. Surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses,
Let us run the race not only for the prize,
But as those who've gone before us,
let us leave to those behind us,
The heritage of faithfulness
passed on through godly lives.


4. Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful.
May the fire of our devotion light their way --
May the footprints that we leave
lead them to believe,
And the lives we live inspire them to obey.
Oh, may all who come behind us find us faithful.

Jon Mohr


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits