Recipe
Back in the first week or so of August, fellow blogger and dear sister-in-Christ Catherine Case Blevins, posted a recipe for "Easy Shepherd's Pie" to her blog (http://oldspillhouse.blogspot.com). I tried it yesterday (adding only a couple of pinches of Herbs du Provence on top of the Dinty's Beef Stew before I put on the mashed potatoes, and this one's a winner! I decided to include it here because, as Catherine said, it's hot and super-easy and it's good!

Recipe (and post) below:

Friday, August 8, 2008
Easy Shephard's Pie Recipe

It's always nice to have some quick, easy recipes up your sleeve that will produce a hot meal on short notice. This is a new one for us and almost everyone around here will eat it :) Imagine!

If you have some similarly simple and fast recipes, please share! We'll be getting busier around here pretty soon with school starting and a few extracurricular activities this year and the easier dinner can be, the better!

Enjoy!


Easy Shephard's Pie

1 (40 oz.) can DINTY MOORE Beef Stew
1 (24 oz.) package refrigerated mashed potatoes (any flavor) or you can make instant mashed potatoes for 6 people
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place beef stew in an 11x7-inch baking dish. [I added the herb blend of Herbes du Provence at this point. EGH] Spoon mashed potatoes over stew. Place baking dish on a cookie sheet. Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top pie with cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking. Serves 8.

Posted by CAB at 11:05 AM 0 witty remarks
Thursday, August 7, 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


3 Comments:

Blogger Latane Barton said...

Elaine,
I am on Keepers and immediately (well, almost.... Julie Snyder reminded me I should look at your blog) and love it. I have two blogs up and running. Just click on my name above this comment and it will link you. I've love for us to become good blog buddies.

I am 74. Gotta ya beat there, kiddo.
My husband has Alzheimers and I am housebound with him alot so I love having my blog and Keeper friends to cheer me along the way.

Thanks for all these wonderful poems. I hadn't read Ruth Graham's book and will get one.

Blogger Latane Barton said...

My dau M. made the Shepard's pie night before last and we just finished up the last of it. My recipe however uses browned hamburger meat. Ymmm.

Blogger Latane Barton said...

You asked for recipes:
Pork Chop Special

4 pork chops
3 cups sliced peeled potatoes
2 T. flour
1 medium onion, sliced
2 T. vegetable oil
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup hot water
1/8 tsp. pepper

Dredge pork chops in flour. Brown in oil in skillet. sprinkle salt and pepper over chops.

Arrange potatoes over meat. Layer onion on top.

Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water. Pour over Potatoes and Onions. Cover and simmer 40 minutes or until chops are done.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits