An Appointed Way
I recently came across a little book by Robert J. Morgan that was published in 2001. Even though it has been in publication for several years, lately I've been seeing it more and more, so when I saw it the last time, I bought a copy. The title of this little book is The Red Sea Rules, and it's subtitled The Same God Who You In Will Lead You Out, and the back-of-the-book blurt states this: "Using the Israelites' story as an example, Robert Morgan offers ten sound strategies for moving from fear to faith. Among them: Realize that God means for you to be where you are. Acknowledge your enemy, but keep your eyes on the Lord. Pray."

As The Red Sea Rules makes comfortingly clear, He is in control."

The following excerpt was particularly interesting to me:

pp. 12 &13
"There ae no mistakes in God's plan; Jesus does all things well. A. W. Tozer said, "To the child of God, there is no such thing as an accident. He travels an appointed way . . . .
"This idea is summed up in an incident in the life of South African pastor Andrew Murray, who once faced a terrible crisis. Gathering himself into his study, he sat a long while quietly, prayerfully, thoughtfully. Presently his mind flew to his Lord Jesus. Picking up his pen, he wrote this in his journal:

First, He brought me here, it is by His will that I am in this strait place: in that fact I will rest.
Next, He will keep me here in His love, and give me grace to behave as His child.
Then, He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He intends me to learn, and working in me the grace He means to bestow.
Last, in His good time He can bring me out again--how and when He knows.

Let me say I am here,
(1) By God's appointment,
(2) In His keeping
(3) Under His training,
(4) For His time

"Have you witnessed God's power in the past? Experienced His pardon? Enjoyed His presence? He who has carried you this far isn't going to drop you now."

(See Psalm 37:23-24)

"He has promised never to leave you or forsake you, never to forget, never to abandon. He love never ceases, and His car never dims."

* * * * *


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits