Re-Quote: The Development of the Soul
Because I want to keep this in the front of my mind, I am re-posting a quote that I posted on August 8. I believe this is truly true, and worthy of my attention. I am re-learning and learning to be more consistent once again with the spiritual disciplines learned in my Methodist days (one of the good things I brought from those days) -- daily prayer times, daily Bible reading schedules, etc. -- practiced on a more consistent and time-scheduled basis, with the prayer that it will develop my soul to be ready for the Lord's use at any time. I'm still a little unclear about this, but I'm still learning to be a "Lady-in-waiting" "as unto the Lord." Prayers are appreciated. (This quote is on the page just before Chapter One of a book I'm currently reading, _The Lost Virtue of Happiness_ by J. P. Moreland and Klauss Issler). This "development of the soul" is a subject for one/some of our preachers to comment on; I feel sure they know a lot more about it than I do, and I--for one--would find it most helpful.


"The meaning of earthly existence lies not, as we have grown used to thinking, in prospering . . . but in the development of the soul."







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits